Founded in 1976, we are Long Island’s only cross country ski club. We provide our members opportunities to experience cross country skiing and other activities throughout the year in a spirit of camaraderie and fun.
We are comprised of 120+ recreational skiers ranging from beginner to advanced. We love and welcome newcomers of all ages and abilities.
If you have never tried cross country skiing before, we will help you get started. If you’re an experienced cross country skier, we will provide you with opportunities to ski at whatever level you desire.
Come to one of our meetings and see what we are about. ALL ARE WELCOME!
Where Do We Meet?
Monthly meetings November -March each year at the Plainview/Old Bethpage Library. Check the club calendar for the meeting details. For questions, email the club president at President@liccsc.org.
Plainview/Old Bethpage Public Library
999 Old Country Road
Plainview, NY 11803
The library is on Old Country Road about a quarter mile east of Route 135.
Our meetings are held from 7:00PM – 9:00PM in November, December, January, February, and March of each season. Our meetings being at 7:00 with refreshments and social time. Our business meeting begins at 7:30.
The day of the month on which we meet may vary, so it’s important that you check out the Calendar for the latest information on Club Meetings.
Local Cross Country Skiing
When local snow conditions provide the opportunity, we ski at places like Bethpage Golf Course, Muttontown Preserve, Caumsett State Park and other favorite places throughout Long Island that our members know of.
When snow comes, members will also post on our Google Group where they are skiing so others can join them. Stay up-to-date with where we are skiing locally through our Google Group LICCSC@googlegroups.com or use the link directly below.
Skiing Off Long Island
Each season we schedule trips off long island. Closer destinations may be a day trip (Fahnstock State Park), a weekend trip (Lapland Lake Nordic Center), or a week-long trip (new England and Canada destinations). These trips provide great cross country experiences for novice and experienced skiers alike.
Each place we go has…
- groomed XC ski trails for beginner, intermediate and advanced
- rental equipment, and
- well-equipped Nordic ski shops to purchase new equipment
Off Long Island trips are a great way to meet other members in the club. We usually have plenty of social opportunities including potluck wine and cheese gatherings after skiing, group dining, after dinner games and social time. We help coordinate carpooling and room sharing, if needed.
We welcome newcomers so don’t be shy… give a trip a try!
Places Where We Ski
- Muttontown Preserve, East Norwich
- Caumsett State Park, Lloyd’s Neck
- Bethpage State Park, Bethpage
- Caleb Smith State Park, Smithtown
- Blydenburgh County Park, Smithtown
- Brookhaven State Park, Wading River
- Wildwood State Park, Wading River
In the Northeast
- Garnett Hill, North River, NY
- Lapland Lake, Northville, NY
- Mt. Van Hovenberg, Lake Placid, NY
- Cascade Nordic Center, Lake Placid, NY
- Jackson XC – Jackson, NY
- Bretton Woods Nordic Center, Bretton Woods, NH
- Great Glen Outdoor Center, Gorham, NH
- Craftsbury Nordic Center, Craftsbury Common, VT
- Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe, VT